I don't love where I live.  No offense to the Berkshire natives - but frankly, it's just not for me.  It's a beautiful place to visit.  And it is especially wondrous if your companion is a "au natural, crunchy granola" nature.  However; when the personality you reside with craves city lights and angry cab drivers, a plethora of eccentric people and smog filled air - living in the western part of Massachusetts is a bitch. 

I stayed to create peace for my son.  Well... and myself too, I must be honest.  It was not easy to do, but I had to face that raising my boy took precedence over my hunger to fill my desires.  I won't bore you with the details - but suffice it to say I avoided a very nasty custody battle by looking on the outside like a conformist - you know the one who "lost".  I didn't want to risk losing my son - not even it meant a small percentage of a possibility that it could happen.  I just wouldn't do it.  He was born here, we started out as a family here and I was staring the cold hard truth in the face - I was stuck here for a while.  I always knew I would give my life for my kid - but when this day happened - when I folded my dreams like clean laundry, put them in a storage chest to keep in the attic and locked the door - it became very clear that I loved my son in a way I had never loved before. 

As a mother, taking the back burner becomes a part of life.  As a mother who does not always know how to balance taking care of you and taking of me, life is excruciating at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back On Track?

Day 9... I love living raw foods and this is now my lifestyle.

"These Kinds Of Days"